Duration: 1 Day Course
The Harness Front End Loader (Conduct Wheel Loader Operations) one-day course covers the skills and knowledge for those in operational roles to Conduct Wheel Loader Operations and includes the following elements:
- Plan and prepare for wheel loader operations
- Operate the wheel loader
- Carry out operator maintenance
- Conduct housekeeping activities
PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available at client premises and is not offered at Harness training facilities.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIMPO304D (Current).
Students will be required to demonstrate the following skill and knowledge when conducting knowledge wheel loader operations:
- Identifying equipment processes, technical capability and limitations
- Identifying, interpreting and using geological and technical data (basic)
- Identifying signs of operator fatigue and how it should be managed
- Apply loading techniques
- Interpreting plans, reports, maps, specifications
- Applying operational, maintenance and basic diagnostics
- Completing housekeeping activities
- Nationally accredited training resulting in the award of Unit of Competency – RIIMP0304D Conduct Wheel Loader Operations – on successful completion of the course.
- Trainers focused on providing an individualised adult learning environment that considers the learner’s employment history and experience.
- Theory presented in a supportive learner centered environment designed to provide functional theoretical knowledge that is directly applicable to real world tasks
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face in a classroom environment as well as significant practical elements outside of the classroom.
Front End Loader Training includes:
1. Plan and prepare for wheel loader operations
1.1 Access, interpret and apply wheel loader operations documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
1.2 Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
1.3 Identify and address risks, hazards and environmental issues and implement control measures
1.4 Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities and interpret emergency procedures, and be prepared for fire/accident/emergency
1.5 Access, interpret and apply geological and survey data required to complete the allocated job
1.6 Inspect and prepare work area in coordination with others
1.7 Select, and check for faults, equipment and/or attachments for work activities
2. Operate the wheel loader
2.1 Carry out start-up, park, shutdown and secure equipment procedures
2.2 Coordinate activities with others at the site prior to commencing, during, and on completions of the work activity
2.3 Drive loader, select and modify the operating technique to meet changing work conditions
2.4 Monitor and manage equipment performance using indicators and alarms, and ensure efficiency of operation
2.5 Continually monitor hazards and risks, and ensure safety of self, other personnel, plant and equipment
2.6 Complete the work plan, within the operating capacities of the equipment
3. Carry out operator maintenance
3.1 Prepare machine for maintenance
3.2 Conduct inspection and fault finding
3.3 Carry out scheduled maintenance tasks
3.4 Return machine to service
3.5 Process written maintenance records
4. Conduct housekeeping activities
4.1 Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials
4.2 Manage and/or report hazards, and maintain a safe working environment
4.3 Process written records
You can view our terms and conditions and student handbook here before making a decision to train with us.