Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Diploma Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) reflects the role of a Rig Manager in a drilling operation. The tasks performed involve a high level of autonomy and require the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment/roles/techniques for themselves and others. Rig Managers are required to demonstrate the application of a broad range of technical, managerial, coordination and planning skills.
On successful completion, participants will be awarded RII50815 Diploma Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore).
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil/Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas-drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Rig Manager on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RII50815 Diploma Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore)
6 Core Units of Competency:
- RIIBEF401D Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIIOGD501E Manage rig operations
- RIIOGD502D Plan and evaluate rig operations
- RIIOGD504D Manage drilling operations
- RIIOGD505D Manage drilling induction and orientation
- RIISAM502D Manage general drilling equipment maintenance
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 5 Elective Units:
- RIIOGD506D Manage rig move and camp move
- RIIOGD507D Manage and monitor rig-up and rig-down to spud operations
- RIIOGD508D Manage well completion and abandonment
- RIIENV501D Implement and maintain environmental management plan
- RIIRIS501D Implement and maintain management systems to control risk