Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate IV Well Servicing Operations has been designed to reflect the roles of a Driller. The Certificate IV has been developed to provide Drillers with the underlying skills and knowledge to work on an operational Well Servicing site. A Driller works under the instruction of the Rig Manager and is the overall supervisor of the Well Servicing crew. They perform tasks involving a broad range of varied activities most of which are complex and non-routine.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII41215 Certificate IV Well Servicing Operations.
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Well Servicing Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Well Servicing Operations through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas Well Servicing site.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Driller on an operational Well Servicing Site.
RII41215 Certificate IV Well Servicing Operations
7 Core Units of Competency:
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- RIIERR304D Control emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD405D Carry out well control and blow out prevention
- RIIRIS301D Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS405D Maintain standard procedures and safe working practices
- RIIWSV401D Rig up and rig down for well servicing
- RIIWSV403D Participate in well servicing nippling-up and pressure test
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 7 Elective Units:
- RIIWSV404D Conduct fishing operations
- RIIOGD305D Apply Blow Out Prevention operational procedures
- RIIERR401D Apply and monitor surface operations emergency preparedness
- RIIBEF401D Manage non-routine, complex technical situations
- RIISAM314D Manage oil and gas drilling equipment maintenance
- MSAPMPER300C Issue work permits
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction