Duration: Self Paced Qualification
The Certificate II Drilling Oil and Gas Onshore (onshore) has been designed to provide Leasehands and Floorman with the competencies required to work in oil and gas industry. The Certificate II provides individuals with the underlying practical skills and knowledge needed to undertake these roles safely. In order to gain a full qualification through Harness, personnel are required to prove they are employed within the drilling industry.
On successful completion of this course and associated projects, participants will be awarded RII21115 Certificate II Drilling Oil and Gas Onshore(onshore).
Under current QLD legislation, all personnel working on oil and gas drilling sites are required to undertake Drilling Qualifications for the position in which they work. All certificates in Drilling Oil and Gas (onshore) through Harness require trainees to hold a position on an operational oil and gas-drilling rig.
Harness has invested heavily in developing high quality assessment tools to provide trainees with the ability to develop the skills and knowledge required to work as a Leasehand or Floorman on an onshore operational oil and gas drilling site.
RII21115 Certificate II iDrilling Oil and Gas (onshore)
8 Core Units of Competency:
- MSMENV172 Identify and minimise environmental hazards
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR202E Contribute to the control of emergencies and critical situations
- RIIOGD204E Perform rig floor operations
- RIIOGN201E Carry out rig lease operations
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- RIISAM209D Carry out operational maintenance
- RIIWHS201D Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
Through industry consultation Harness has chosen the below 4 Elective Units:
- RIIOGD205D Support blow out prevention operations
- RIIOGD206D Assist with coal seam gas control
- MSAPMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- RIIOGD202D Carry out equipment and basic rig maintenance