Duration: 4 Days - Includes Theory + Practical
The Harness Casing Design and Cementing course is a four day intensive course designed by Harness Petroleum Engineers following an extensive and rigorous industry consultation program. This course builds a firm foundation in the principles and practices of designing, planning and conducting successful casing and cement jobs.
The overall aim of the course is to provide personnel with the fundamental skills and knowledge for Casing Design and Cementing.
Who is this Course For:
- Drilling & Completions Engineers
- Rig Managers
- Completions Specialists
- Company Men
- Service Personnel
Harness believes in providing you with the best value for money and giving every student the highest quality of training. How do we do this?
- Simulation using the latest technology with both a conventional Brake and Cyberchair available to embed theoretical learning outcomes (Drillsim5000 with Cyberchair as pictured below);
- Harness employs a plethora of petroleum experts, engineers, and well-respected industry professionals from all over the globe to take part in program development. This cross-pollination of practical and theoretical minds has led to the renowned courses that Harness delivers today.
- Our Casing Design and Cementing courses are limited to small numbers to ensure greater 1 on 1 training.
- With a true passion and focus on learning outcomes Harness Trainers have a Global reputation when it comes to providing training.
Harness Instructors have been hand picked from a global stage and have successfully implemented a human factors approach to our programs. This approach to training has resulted in reduced anxiety levels, enhanced performance, greater retention and an overall positive learning experience throughout our courses.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) can be considered for this qualification.
The Casing Design and Cementing program covers:
- Casing terms and functions of Casing;
- Properties of Casing Wellheads and Casing Hangers;
- Casing running operations with step by step programmes;
- Casing design with considerations to the description and calculation of internal and external loads and tensile loads.
As a part of this course, with the objective of improving the individual’s knowledge and level of competence, a student will also be able to:
- Describe functions of cement;
- Understand the purpose and design of cement slurries;
- Apply the calculation of cement plugs;
- Perform evaluations of cementing operations in order to ensure they are accurate and optimised;
- Have a fundamental understanding of cementing equipment;
- Have an understanding of how to conduct stage, squeeze and set cement jobs.