Duration: 5 Day Course
Harness offers a five-day accredited Basic Scaffolding course which covers how to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding.
- Plan and prepare for basic scaffolding operations.
- Erect and maintain basic scaffolding.
- Dismantle basic scaffolding.
On successful completion, participants will be awarded the Unit of Competency – Conduct Basic Scaffolding Operations RIIHAN211D.
- Regular weekly schedules across all Harness training facilities.
- Use of custom equipment to provide enhanced practical training to complement and enhance theory based learning.
The mode of delivery for this course is face to face.
Throughout the Harness course our trainers will cover off the below operations to help provide a thorough practical and theory -based understanding of Basic Scaffolding.
Plan and prepare for basic scaffolding operations:
Access, interpret and apply scaffolding documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements and safety information before proceeding
Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
Develop the preliminary scaffolding plan
Confirm site preparation with appropriate personnel and identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
Identify and select equipment
Check equipment is ready for use and report verbally or in writing, label and repair any defects within functional responsibility
Confirm scaffolding plan
Erect and maintain basic scaffolding:
Adhere to safety requirements at heights, on incomplete structures and in confined spaces
Install static lines
Assemble and erect lifting device
Inspect critical structural and safety areas and equipment periodically while in use, identify any variation from the plan and record in writing inspection in inspection log
Perform alteration or repair to critical structural and safety areas and equipment
Dismantle basic scaffolding:
- Isolate scaffolding and appropriately sign and barricade
- Inspect, classify, label and dismantle scaffolding using the reverse procedure for erection
- Clear work area and dispose of used and recycled materials
- Clean, check and store equipment and tools